Our Assignment
I am continually amazed at the faithfulness and creativity of God. That he would give us this assignment and entrust us with the carrying out of our part of his design for this region.... I am blessed.
There were a couple of things that I wanted to reinforce tonight. The first is a bit of a surprise. In our worship tonight, when I heard Lord asked me if I really loved this city, I knew God was putting his finger on an area I have avoided. I mentioned to all of you that it is much easier to be affirmed and effective in prophetic ministry outside of the home turf..... you are welcomed and affirmed as a voice... and that is not a bad thing. But I knew that the Holy Spirit was highlighting an area in my own heart which I have been avoiding. Sometimes I am not certain of all the reasons why Carlene and I remain in this region. Some of this obviously has to do with the deep relationships God is forming... new Covenants and assignments with cross-cultural cross generational, and cross denominational purposes ...but I suspect that the Lord is doing something even deeper in our own hearts as we listen to Him.
When Andrae began to cry out to the Lord for people and for salvation, I must admit that because I have not enjoyed being in the city, I have avoided embracing the people of the city with my heart. This is a very dangerous thing for anybody involved in ministry. If you are not motivated by Love, or as the apostle Paul said: Follow the way of love... as you prophesy, and you can begin to develop a formula or system based performance. Even the love of worship and creativity can cloud the second commandment. The second commandment is linked with the first, that we must love the Lord our God with all our heart... but we must also love the people in our city. It is just as dangerous to be so concerned about Evangelism that worship then becomes secondary to the First Commandment.
So I guess what I am sharing with you is a deeper level of understanding that the Holy Spirit has brought to my heart as a result of our meeting tonight.
I also want to continue to walk in humility as the Lord reveals the strategy for our Prophetic Declarations.
I am so grateful that each one of you is a part.
Darrell

0 Comments:
<< Home